The Discovery Diversity Programme provides an incredible chance for students from underrepresented groups who are two years away from graduating to be tested for and apply to our Summer Internships in 2025 before anybody else.
It’s an opportunity to learn about a career with Barclays, learn a lot about the business world, and discover a little about yourself. And, because you’ll have a comprehensive grasp of the whole range of jobs and possibilities we provide, it’s an excellent preparation for one of our 10-week internships.
Wholesale Lending is Barclays’ relationship lending centre of expertise within the Corporate and Investment Bank. Responsible for product management, creation, structuring, and implementing specialised loan solutions, as well as portfolio management for the CIB client base.
What You Can Expect
- Programme Dates: April 3rd – 4th, 2024
- This is an in-person programme.
- Join seminars and workshops to learn about financial services, your preferred business area, the recruitment process, and Barclays as an employer.
- Participate in breakout sessions pertaining to your business area to learn about what to expect from the Summer Internship in 2025.
- Develop a grasp of the assessment process and following steps.
- Connect with people from across our organisation, including existing graduates who have previously completed the adventure you are embarking on.
- Attend networking sessions with top leaders and graduates from your chosen business area.
- Explore Barclays’ numerous DE&I networks.
- On the second day of the training, you might be evaluated for the 2025 summer internship by participating in two examinations.
What we are looking for
- You are two years away from graduating.
- You could be pursuing any degree discipline.
- You are wondering about how a global bank adapts in a continuously changing environment.
- We urge students from all backgrounds to apply, particularly those who align with our six Intersectional DE&I agendas. These include disability, gender, LGBT+, multicultural, multigenerational, and socioeconomic.
We recruit on a rotating basis, so students should apply early.
Barclays does not provide sponsorship for the 2-day insight workshop; however, Barclays will consider applications from individuals who seek visa sponsorship to work in the UK during the 2025 Summer Internship workshop.
Barclays’ policy is to provide equal employment opportunities without discrimination or harassment based on race, colour, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected basis.