In charge of consistently providing patients, caregivers, workers, and guests to Trust facilities with safe, high-quality, and efficient hotel services.
In charge of overseeing the daily operations of the workers working in hotel services, including the porters, caterers, receptionists, storemen, couriers, and post room employees.
Accountable for keeping an eye on standards and acting appropriately as needed.
To demonstrate dedication to and involvement in initiatives aimed at improving quality.
To always engage service recipients and caregivers in empathetic conversation. A variety of mental health disorders or learning difficulties are present in service users. must always advocate for a good perception of people with learning challenges and mental health issues. should constantly work to establish a favorable perception of Hotel Services and the larger Trust.
Main responsibilities of the job
A chance has opened up for a driven, outgoing, and enthusiastic person to join the Trusts Hotel Services Team as a Hotel Services Supervisor. A high degree of soft services assistance, cleanliness, and food provision is provided and maintained by the hotel services staff, which includes housekeepers, domestics, porters, and receptionists, under the daily control of hotel services supervisors.
This position requires shift work, including night and early shifts, weekends, and holidays. Between the hours of 7:00 am and 6:00 pm, you will be expected to work a variety of shifts. Your base will be at Foss Park Hospital, Haxby Road, York, YO31 8TA, and the position you are looking for is a 37.5-hour per week permanent employment.
The following fields may demand you to work in various locations as part of a team. Scarborough, Malton, and York. You should be extremely motivated, trustworthy, adaptable, and ready to work on short notice. considerable expertise in daily coaching and staff supervision. IT software knowledge, such as Microsoft Office. Together with a desire for delivering high standards of customer service, experience working in a mental health environment would be appreciated.
We are one of the largest NHS Foundation Trusts in terms of geographic size, earning £423 million a year and employing over 7,500 people over 160 sites. County Durham, Darlington, Teesside, North Carolina residents can receive mental health and learning disability services from the Tees, Esk and Wear Valleys NHS Foundation Trust.
In Yorkshire, York, and Selby, there are about 2 million inhabitants. We additionally offer specialized services to other regions of Northern England.
We collaborate with eight local authorities, clinical commissioning groups, a wide range of nonprofit organizations, service recipients, their caregivers, and members of the general public to deliver our services. Over 3,600 square miles of land, including coastal, rural, and industrial areas, is covered by the services.
The most crucial step in getting there is to always act in accordance with our values. Which are:
● Respect: listening, being inclusive, and collaborating
● Kind, encouraging, recognizing, and praising behavior is compassion.
● Honesty, openness to learning, and ambition
Candidates must have an NVQ level 3 or higher in the relevant field, a level 2 food hygiene certificate, and be able to read, write, and compute at a level 2 level. They must also have a level 2 understanding of math and English.
To learn more about the role and primary tasks, please refer to the job description that is attached.
● NVQ Level 3 in a pertinent field.
● Level 3 Food Hygiene Certificate with the desire to progress to level 4 within the prescribed timeframe
● Level 2 in literacy and mathematics.
● Level 2 ITQ
● considerable expertise dealing in hospital environments in hotel services.
● daily experience managing a team of employees.
● National Cleanliness Standard (within agreed timescale).
● Assessment of the Care Environment by Patients (PLACE) (within agreed timescale).
● basic understanding of HR practices.
● COSHH and health and safety
● excellent awareness of confidentiality.
● effective written and verbal communication abilities in a variety of contexts.
● Ability to work cooperatively with team members and lead a team on a daily basis.
● able to effectively tackle problems through initiative and prioritization.
● using secure, effective, and efficient methods that regularly meet high standards in the following areas:
Certificate of Sponsorship
Job applicants who need existing skilled worker sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome to apply, and their applications will be taken into consideration together with those from everyone else. Visit the UK Visas and Immigration website for more details (Opens in a new tab).
For entrance clearance into the UK, skilled worker applicants must now submit criminal record certificates from each nation in which they have lived continuously or cumulatively for 12 months or more during the previous ten years as of April 6, 2017. Adult dependents who are over the age of 18 must also meet this condition. You can get advice here.
Criminal background checks for applicants from abroad (Opens in a new tab).