Dowty Propellers is currently seeking a Material Review Board (MRB) Engineer to join their team of analysis engineers, with an emphasis on supporting composite blade non-conformance.
The MRB Engineer reports to the Engineering Analysis Manager and works with experienced stress engineers to examine non-conformances and faults, prepare dispositions, and eventually sign concessions for Blade composites. In addition, the MRB Engineer will be in charge of the daily management involved in processing Blades through MRB to guarantee that the daily throughput is met.
Roles and responsibilities
- To assess manufacturing nonconformances and suggest technical solutions that ensure the airworthiness of propeller components is not jeopardised.
- Work to get concessions approved status for composite blades.
- Liaise with multiple functions (Design, Stress, Airworthiness, NDT, and Operations) to coordinate MRB’s daily throughput.
- Support root cause analysis to identify issues that may develop during the manufacturing process and contribute to nonconformance.
- Monitor and promote regular quarantine blade reviews, with the goal of reducing the number of blades in quarantine.
- Support the selection of test blades to justify acceptance criteria.
- Meet industry and corporate standards, rules, and qualification needs.
Required Experience and Qualifications
- Ideally, have extensive product knowledge, particularly about the composite blade production process, salvage and repair schemes, and a clear understanding of how flaws might affect the structural integrity of the blade.
- Completed an engineering apprenticeship or obtained an HNC in a relevant engineering topic, or equivalent.
- Experience dealing with composite components in the aircraft sector.
- Knowledge of production techniques and maintenance methods for composite components.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Experience and/or understanding of stress analysis principles and how flaws might affect the structural integrity of propeller blades.
- Understanding the structural tests needed to certify propeller blades.
- GE supports and encourages flexible working arrangements whenever possible, and understands the benefits of a healthy work-life balance for workers.
At GE Aviation, we recognise the importance of Total Reward. Our flexible benefits plan, FlexChoice, allows you freedom, choice, and flexibility in how you receive your benefits while also allowing you to save money where possible.
As a new GE employee, we are glad to be able to offer you the following as default in your benefit fund, which you can then adjust to meet your unique needs;
- Non-contributory Pension.
- Life Assurance
- Income protection for the entire group
- Private medical coverage.
- Holiday Hourly equivalent of 26 days, with the flexibility to buy or sell.
- Security Clearance
Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) clearance is necessary and must be maintained for this position. Please keep in mind that if you are unable to receive BPSS clearance, you may be ineligible for the position, and any offer of employment may be rescinded for national security reasons. Please visit the link below for further information on the requirements for BPSS clearance. BPSS
Right to Work.
applicants from job seekers requiring sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be reviewed alongside all other applicants. However, under the applicable UK immigration rules, candidates who do not currently have the right to work in the UK may be denied an appointment if a suitably qualified, experienced, and skilled candidate who does not require sponsorship is available to fill the position. For more information, please visit the UK Visas and Immigration page.
No relocation assistance provided.