Systems engineering is a cross-functional engineering discipline that focuses on an approach, mentality, and process. All operations that take into account both the business and technical needs of customers in order to provide a high-quality product that meets the user’s requirements.
The discipline that implements a robust process of system design, creation, and optimisation, which includes identifying and quantifying system requirements, developing alternate system design concepts, conducting design trade studies, selecting and implementing the best designs, and ensuring that the design is properly integrated and executed.
A process that runs from concept to production to operation.
Responsible for departmental operations planning and implementation, or focuses on professional activities in a technical subject. Functions with some liberty while adhering to specified policies or reviewing end products.
The role allows for the adjustment of work-related procedures and practices as long as the end results meet acceptable requirements.
Are you ready to advance your engineering career to new heights? From the Dassault Future Falcon to the Boeing 777x, from the F35 Joint Strike Fighter to exciting new hybrid electric options, GE Aviation Systems’ momentum has never been stronger!
The Systems Team Leader is in charge of overseeing all systems activity across a multi-functional programme. In this role, you will be responsible for directing all systems activities on a programme, addressing challenges, defining and executing on targets for yourself and others, with the capacity to affect short-term and long-term business goals.
You will be joining an inclusive and diverse team of skilled technical systems and software engineers who are committed to achieving full lifecycle completeness and consistency. We are devoted to enhancing project execution by using a lean and innovative approach to issue solving and continuous improvement. We share technical information and lessons learned with others in the team, department, and throughout the engineering organisation. We are passionate about professional development and building our team culture, capability, and capacity to satisfy client needs, while also empowering every engineer to attain their full potential through continuous learning. If this sounds like an environment in which you could thrive, apply now!
- Lead the execution of design, analysis, and evaluation of assigned projects utilising solid engineering principles while adhering to corporate standards, practices, procedures, and product/program requirements.
- Create and implement strategies to meet technical requirements, timing, quality, certification, and contract commitments; make technical judgements that balance all of these variables.
- Monitor and communicate the project status, business challenges, and noteworthy developments.
- Where necessary, engage in technical conversations at a customer level (internal or external).
- Help identify, mitigate, and capture risks and opportunities.
- Assure correct documentation of technical data generated for the assigned projects and/or tasks in accordance with engineering policies and procedures.
- Participate as a presenter or reviewer of technical and programme reviews.
- Provide technical leadership to other workers and assigned teams; mentor others inside the organisation; and provide feedback on employee performance.
- Identify and convey possible simplifications and efficiency improvements.
Qualifications & Requirements
- Previous experience in an aviation, automotive, or similar systems development environment working to stringent standards such as ARP4754A will confirm your ability to deal with complex system designs and implement them in hardware and software.
- Your prior experience will enable you to contribute to and lead teams in designing, modifying, and verifying display and controller systems in collaboration with other technical leads, teams, and our clients.
- An relevant degree or equivalent experience that demonstrates a logical mentality, as well as strong problem-solving and solution-building abilities.
- Previous experience managing team-based initiatives and giving guidance and coaching to less experienced employees.
- Strong organisational and communication skills.
- Knowledge of Model-Based Design
- Knowledge of Network Protocols
- Knowledge of HMI’s key principles
- Project management experience
GE supports and encourages flexible working arrangements whenever possible, and understands the benefits of a healthy work-life balance for workers.
At GE Aviation, we recognise the importance of Total Reward. Our flexible benefits plan, FlexChoice, allows you freedom, choice, and flexibility in how you receive your benefits while also allowing you to save money where possible.
As a new GE employee, we are glad to be able to offer you the following as default in your benefit fund, which you can then adjust to meet your unique needs;
- Non-contributory Pension.
- Life Assurance
- Income protection for the entire group
- Private medical coverage.
- Holiday Hourly equivalent of 26 days, with the flexibility to buy or sell.
Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) clearance is necessary and must be maintained for this position. Please keep in mind that if you are unable to receive BPSS clearance, you may be ineligible for the position, and any offer of employment may be rescinded for national security reasons. Please visit the link below for further information on the requirements for BPSS clearance. BPSS
Right to Work.
applicants from job seekers requiring sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be reviewed alongside all other applicants. However, under the applicable UK immigration rules, candidates who do not currently have the right to work in the UK may be denied an appointment if a suitably qualified, experienced, and skilled candidate who does not require sponsorship is available to fill the position. For more information, please visit the UK Visas and Immigration page.
No relocation assistance provided.