For the development, simulation, and testing of powertrain systems (hybrid, combustion engine, transmission, electric drive, batteries, fuel cell, and control technology) for passenger cars, commercial vehicles, construction, large engines, and their integration into the vehicle, AVL is the largest independent company in the world.
The Following Important Events Will Be Part Of This
The duty will be to carry out the Functional Safety activities as necessary for the project, with assistance from the system engineers and other Functional Safety Engineers.
● Recognize system intended functioning in a general automobile setting.
● Create the functional safety documentation that is required for the project in accordance with ISO 26262: Fault-tree analysis, Hazard analysis, technical safety ideas, and requirements.
● Whenever necessary, lead functional safety reviews with the project team and the client.
● Engineers with a minimum BSc or BEng (2:1) in automotive, electrical, or a related field
● engineering expertise relevant (ideally Systems or Safety Engineering)
● Supporting Functional Safety operations in accordance with ISO26262 experience
● strong communication abilities
● British English (spoken and written)
● driving licence that is valid for use in the UK
● Earlier delivery of Functional Safety documentation in accordance with ISO 26262
● knowledge of the development of at least one of the following technical areas: high-voltage electrical power sources, hybrid vehicles, ADAS features, or automotive engine control systems.
● having experience leading or conducting FMEA, FTA, FMEDA, and HARA activities
● expertise with project management
The salary range for this position is £33,000 to £45,000, and we will provide market-competitive pay that takes education and experience into account.
The following AVL perks package is also yours to receive:
● 22 days of vacation time per year, with a maximum of 28 days, increasing by 1 day each year.
● Days of special leave
● pension plan
● personal health insurance
● insurance coverage for life
● Income security coverage
● Cycle plan
● One paid annual professional membership
● Moving aid (if applicable)
● sponsorship of skilled worker visas (if applicable)