Depop is a community-powered fashion marketplace where you can buy and sell circular fashion, with over 30 million registered members across 150 countries. Depop is a platform where anybody can explore and express their style on their own terms, while also feeling good about their fashion choices by prolonging the life of millions of items.
The company was created in 2011 and is based in London, with further offices in Manchester and New York. Depop employs roughly 400 people who are dedicated to the objective of creating the world’s most diversified progressive fashion house that is kinder to the environment and nicer to people. Depop became a wholly-owned subsidiary of Etsy, the global marketplace for unique and creative goods, in 2021, yet it continues to operate independently.
Depop is an equal opportunity employer. Our objective is to create the world’s most diversified and progressive fashion home. To do this, we invite individuals from underrepresented populations to apply. We value diversity and strive to provide an inclusive atmosphere for all employees. We are continuing to develop fair recruitment processes and welcome suggestions for any reasonable adjustments during your interview with us. Depop supports visa sponsorship; nevertheless, sponsorship opportunities may be limited to specific roles and skill types.
We are now seeking for a marketing analyst to join our Insights team.
The marketing analytics team collaborates closely with marketing stakeholders to support every part of Depop’s marketing portfolio. This includes assisting the team with campaign planning and performance measurement across a variety of channels, such as paid marketing, ATL (for example, TV and OOH), and influencers. We also collaborate with many other aspects of the business, such as the data team, to ensure that the data collected is correct and valuable for analysis, and the Martech team, to introduce new tools and tracking across our marketing ecosystem.
- As a strategic thinker, you will collaborate with the Marketing team to find growth and optimisation opportunities through various data sources and analytical techniques. This includes collaborating with other analysts on the team to create and apply comprehensive and consistent measurement procedures for complicated subjects such as ROI, brand awareness, LTV, incrementality, audience targeting and saturation, and so on.
- Setup and BAU support: Collaborate with our Marketing team to monitor performance and build up reporting in Looker, our BI platform. You will collaborate closely with other Marketing Analysts to ensure that we have a consistent approach to measurement throughout our digital and brand marketing initiatives.
- As a campaign supporter, you will assist our marketing teams in designing and testing campaigns, as well as analysing performance to optimise results. The nature of campaign analysis will vary based on the campaign, however it may include Causal Inference Techniques, Marketing Mix Modelling (MMM), and setting up Geo Tests to monitor progress.
- Making ensuring the business understands the numbers: you will become a key point of contact for our Marketing team and the wider business for all things data, and you will work with various stakeholders throughout the business to ensure that decisions are as data-driven as possible.
- Proven track record as an analyst with prior experience in a digital marketplace and/or mobile-first environment.
- Exposure to marketing analytics and an understanding of measurement methods and marketing issues
- An analytical mind with exceptional problem-solving skills and a passion for statistics
- Commercial awareness and a proactive approach to make a difference and drive effect.
- SQL expertise and the ability to work with vast, complicated, and occasionally fragmented datasets.
- The capacity to simply convey complex problems and analyses with a variety of stakeholders and function as a bridge between technical and non-technical colleagues.
- Experience working in a high-performing, data-driven analytics or data science team
- A strong will to study, a natural curiosity, and a keen eye for detail
- A strong sense of ownership and a highly structured nature.
Bonus points for:
- Understanding of a range of mass reach marketing channels, such as TV, Out-of-Home, Partnerships, SVOD/OTT, and experience with the media planning process and measurement options for these channels.
- Experience evaluating the efficacy of Brand Marketing/ATL channels using methodologies like:
- Geo Testing
- Causal inference
- Application of Econometric Modelling Methods
- Proficiency with Python/R packages for marketing measurement or Data Science/Analytics projects
- Experience with tools such as Looker, Google Analytics, and Branch.
UK Benefits: Health and Mental Wellbeing
- Bupa provides healthcare access for PMI and cash plans.
- Subsidised therapy and coaching – we collaborate with Selfspace to give you with the opportunity to have a good chat with a competent person.
- Cycle to Work Scheme – Choose between Evans and the Green journey Initiative to help access a bike for your journey.
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP) provides access to a confidential support network with expert advice 24/7
- Mental Health First Aiders – We have trained personnel across the organisation to provide support and signposting.
- 25 days of yearly leave, with the opportunity to carry over up to 5 days.
- Every quarter, you will have one company-wide day off to relax and unwind.
- Impact hours: At Depop, we provide all full-time employees with up to two days of additional paid leave per year to volunteer. We allocate this time in hours so that you can interact with your community with simplicity and flexibility.
MyMode is our hybrid-working paradigm, which allows our employees to choose the working mode that works best for them. MyMode consists of three working modes: Flex, Office Based, and Remote.
- Flexibility: We’d want you to visit your nearest Depop office once a week, but you’re welcome to work from home the rest of the time.
- Office: Do you want to go into the office more? No issue; you can choose to be “Office-Based” with your own desk.
- Remote: Depending on your function, you can request to be a remote worker, only coming into the office four times a year.
All of our offices are dog-friendly! Do your best work beside your best friend.
You can also apply to work abroad for four weeks per year (in UK tax treaty nations).
Our parental leave policies are designed to support and empower parents to play equal responsibilities in raising their children in a flexible and gender-neutral manner. Our full-time regular employees are entitled to 18 weeks of paid parental leave following the birth or adoption of their kid. We also provide IVF leave, shared parental leave, and compensated emergency parent or carer leave.
Learn and grow.
- We provide funding for conferences, learning subscriptions, and more. We also sponsor and organise a variety of initiatives, conferences, and meet-ups to help our employees develop skills and improve their experience with us.
Life Insurance (financial compensation of three times your wage)
Pension (Depop will match your contribution up to 6% of your qualified earnings.)
Finally, as a loyal Depop employee, we waive all fees for our workers who sell on Depop, allowing you to ship your sold things anywhere in the UK for free.