- The Strategy Manager’s role is to lead a team of Manufacturing Engineering Supervisors / Engineers within the Final Assembly Engineering Organisation in the areas of quality, product and process standards, fastening, digital transformation, and machinery and equipment:
- Quality – Lead a team to increase quality metrics in all Ford North America factories, drive quality pain point initiatives to deliver ongoing improvements, and support process improvements for future programmes.
- Product and Process Standards – Lead team to establish, update, and deliver global manufacturing requirements into the product design, as well as update and create process standards and process control plans to support core engineering deliverables.
- Fastening – Lead a team to develop fastening tools and standards, and drive new technologies into existing operations to enable process and quality improvements
- Digital Transformation – Lead global team to verify proposed digital technology solutions support core process deliverables; track and deploy solutions to provide digital transformation technology into core process deliverables.
- Plant Vehicle Teams (PVTs) – Collaborate with plant teams to support Final Assembly Engineering mandated deliverables, as well as quality and process improvement efforts within plants.
- Machinery and Equipment – Lead team to create key equipment requirements for new future programmes, support quality and process continuous improvement activities in major equipment at the facilities.
- All job functions will support new and current programmes, campaign prevention, and reaction strategies for Ford North America Final Assembly Manufacturing sites.
- Lead project and strategy development from the development phase to delivery and implementation.
Preferred Experience Requirements
- B.S. degree is required.
- 10+ years of expertise in manufacturing engineering and operations.
- Major programme launch as a leader or discipline equivalent.
- Working knowledge of MDQOS deliverables such tooling development, LQOS, DPA5, GSPAS/VPS, APT, Teamcenter, PFMEA, SCCAFs, Error Proofing Principles, GMRs/Health Charts, and VOSS.
- Understanding the links between VOME, new models, programme management, and operations through vehicle launch.
- Knowledge and/or experience with various manufacturing vehicle functions.
- Strong technical knowledge of the quality improvement process.
- Leadership communication abilities in line with reporting to Director and VP level leadership.
- Willingness to Travel for Long Periods of Time
- You may not tick every box, and your expertise may differ slightly from what we’ve provided, but if you believe you can add value to Ford Motor Company, we invite you to apply!
What you will get in return:
As a well-established global corporation, we provide the benefit of choice. You have the opportunity to shape your Ford future: will your tale take you around the world or keep you close to home? Will your career be a deep dive into your passion, or a series of new teams and skills? Will you be a leader, changemaker, technical specialist, culture builder, or all of the above? Regardless of what you pick, we provide a work environment that works for you, including:
Provides immediate medical, dental, and prescription drug coverage.
Flexible family care, parental leave, new parent ramp-up programmes, subsidised backup child care, and more
Vehicle discount programme for employees and family members, as well as management leases.
Existing and active employee resource groups
Paid time off for individual and group community service.
A generous schedule of paid holidays, including the week between Christmas and New Years Day.
Paid time off with the option to purchase more vacation time.
Click here for a more complete look at our benefits.
Visa sponsorship is available for this role.
Candidates for positions at Ford Motor Company must be legally authorised to work in the United States. Employment eligibility must be verified at the time of hire.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer dedicated to building a culturally diverse workforce. All competent applicants will be considered for employment regardless of race, religion, colour, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, handicap status, or protected veterans status. In the United States, please call 1-888-336-0660 if you require a reasonable accommodation for the online application procedure due to a disability.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS.
- The Strategy Manager focuses on new future programmes, present programmes, and non-program projects.
- The Strategy Manager helps projects from the early concept development phase to plant launch and acceleration.
- Lead a team of Manufacturing Engineering Supervisors and Engineers in the areas of quality, product and process standards, fastening, digital transformation, and machinery and equipment.
- Lead Quality Pain Point projects to save warranty costs and enhance overall vehicle quality.
- Investigate, create, and evaluate new technologies and vendors.
- Work on Global Manufacturing Standards by developing procedures, global manufacturing requirements (GMR), standard cells, gap strategies with product development, and standard costing for future model programmes.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams in PAC Papers and Stop Ships to enhance our manufacturing standards and reduce warranty costs.
- Support the development of new technology in our North American plants.
- Lead the development of torque strategies and improvements, both online and offline.
- Collaborate with Plant Vehicle Teams to assist ongoing improvement projects and new future project implementations.
- Support the Ford of India team in creating and executing digital transformation into core process deliverables.
- Ensure that all parts of the programme are delivered within cost, delivery, and safety parameters.
- Design and build. Scopes of work related to tooling and equipment, as well as installation
- Work closely with the VOME Core Process Teams, Assembly Plant, and Suppliers to support deliverables.
- Work with Process Engineers and the Product Development Team to generate facility and tooling costs, increase quality, and minimise labour requirements.
- build and foster working partnerships with new and existing tooling vendors to build new processes/equipment while continuously improving the equipment we have previously installed.
- Lead the identification, resolution, and closure of quality improvement projects.
- Support programme cost studies and collaborate with cross-functional teams within the organisation to ensure suitable tooling and a plan for implementation.
- Collaborate with colleagues in PD to drive design requirements.
- Support launch coordination meetings with AIMS, DEMS, whiteboards, scorecards, and other tools.
- Integrate new technology and automation into tool development to enhance delivery and quality.
- Collaborate with the Process Core Team to implement new process standards to handle new technologies and quality/efficiency enhancements.
- Onsite support for builds and installations.
- Use Plant High Hurts to predict and manage Launch Risks in Forward Model Development.
- Support GMR standards and equipment updates/migration plans through a closed-loop learning process.
- Review “Lessons Learned” from New Model Launches and Implement Prevent Reoccurrence Actions in Future Programmes
Teach, mentor, and create training plans for every employee.
Exhibit Ford + behaviours like excellence, attention, and cooperation.