Estates and Campus Services Professional Services
Kind of employment: Permanent
Basis of employment: Full-time
Salary range: £24,285-£27,929 annually
Number of posts: ZZ600921-1
Date of expiration: 24 March 2023
Dates of the interview: April 5 To April 12, 2023
The University of Portsmouth is an aspirational organization with a successful history. Among the top 150 of the Times Higher Young University Global Rankings and one of only four institutions in the south east of England to receive a Gold rating for teaching excellence.
A Carpenter is needed for a position based at The University of Portsmouth’s facility in the City of Portsmouth. The main responsibilities, which are reported to the Carpentry Services Supervisor, are:
To guarantee that the university’s built assets are maintained to the highest standards, the following should be maintained, installed, repaired, or given minor work:
• Statutory inspections and repairs of fire doors.
• Doors, door hardware, and door furnishings
• Door-closing tools
• Hardware for windows and joinery
• Access security, latches, and locks
• Fixing or replacing ceiling grids and tiles
• Simple fixes
• Fix restroom stalls, etc.
The ideal applicant will have the following qualities:
● Carpenter, fabrication, maintenance, and repair experience
● Knowledge of current health and safety regulations in relation to workplace safety
● Effective verbal and written communication abilities
● Capable of prioritizing and organizing one’s own work
What you will require for the position:
● An apprenticeship or equivalent qualification in carpentry at Level 3 from City and Guilds or NVQ
● Committed to giving university students, faculty, and staff a high-quality maintenance service and customer-focused
● Capable of working without being closely monitored
● Capable of cooperating in a group
● Willing to participate in training for obligations related to Health & Safety and Continuing Professional Development
Contact Leon Marrett, Reactive Maintenance Manager, at email@example.com or (0754) 9016432 for more information.
The University of Portsmouth thinks that this position might qualify for sponsorship by UKVI under the visa category for skilled workers. Before applying for this position, please familiarize yourself with the specifications. When applying for this position, you will need to clarify the specifics of an alternative visa to work in the UK if you are unable to meet the conditions for sponsorship.
As part of our commitment to equality and diversity, anonymous shortlisting will be conducted for this position, ensuring a fair and consistent approach to hiring. The shortlisting panel will not be given access to personal information. Any papers that you upload should not contain any identifying information if you were asked to do so.
We are steadfastly committed to integrating equality, diversity, and inclusion (EDI) into our neighborhood. As holders of the Athena SWAN and Racial Equality Charter awards, members of Stonewall, and a Disability Confident Employer, we are committed to fostering an atmosphere that is friendly and inclusive of all people. We encourage all talented individuals to apply. In addition, we want our employees to reflect the diversity of our student body. Please review the goals and EDI Framework.