Division of Nestlé Beverages
Up to £45,000 (DOE), plus a possible bonus and other advantages.
This is a Dalston-based, full-time, permanent role.
We’re looking for an experienced Automation Engineer to join our engineering team in Dalston. You’ll support Automation and FAS on projects and on a daily basis in a busy FMCG factory.
Nestle Dalston produces numerous well-known brands with a rich history and has established itself as the Home of Cappuccino. In order to improve consumer lifestyles and maintain our leadership in the fiercely competitive beverage industry, we always look for innovative methods to create and promote better goods.
An automation engineer’s typical day
As an automation engineer, your duties will include developing, maintaining, and integrating the manufacturing control systems with the rest of the Nestlé network.
Other important daily tasks include:
• Controlling the PLC networks, equipment, and software at the site.
• Controlling the contracts for PLC network support.
• In charge of educating and supporting technicians and engineers on technical matters.
• Compliance with MES/Automation/FAS gap analyses.
• By adequate design, protective systems, procedures, and training, guarantee safe installations and operations.
• Verify that all documentation, such as manuals, schematics, software packages, etc., is current and accurate.
• Assist significant CAPEX projects throughout the site.
What will make you successful
To be successful in this important position, you should ideally have experience working in a manufacturing maintenance environment. You should also have a strong focus on providing excellent customer service to internal stakeholders.
Further crucial qualities we are looking for include:
• Preferably an HNC or degree in the field of control or automation.
• Thorough familiarity with PC, PLC, database, and SCADA systems.
• Proven PLC/HMI programming experience.
• Knowledge of Rockwell PLCs
• Knowledge of Wonderware InTouch’s development.
• You will be able to assist with the design of FAS, PLCs, and HMIs as well as software development.
• Networking, communication, and data transport systems.
• Powerful and highly developed problem-solving and fault-finding abilities.
• Strong interpersonal and communication abilities.
• Capability to take on independent tasks and carry out capital projects
What you Need to Know
What can we give in exchange? Great perks like the competitive salary and benefits package, bonus program, flexible working arrangement, 25 days of vacation time in addition to statutory holidays and flex leave, pension plan, and a genuine focus on personal development and growth are what you’d expect from a company of Nestlé’s size.
Please don’t wait to submit your application; we will be reviewing applications as they come in and may occasionally end job postings early if we have enough applicants.
Respect for our workers, customers, and consumers is at the heart of Nestlé’s core principles.
Because of this, we place a high value on promoting diversity and inclusion. When we value diverse viewpoints and give everyone the chance to shine, we can think in fresh, original ways that advance and improve our company. As we believe that everyone deserves the same opportunities, we may gather pertinent information for monitoring purposes during the candidate registration process. Everyone else is taken, so be yourself!
Right to work in the UK
Successful candidates will be expected to provide proof of their permission to work in the UK prior to beginning employment, in accordance with Home Office guidance. So, during the hiring process, the chosen candidate must be able to show that they have the legal right to work in the UK. According to our evaluation, this position may qualify for sponsorship through the skilled worker route. We may be able to offer sponsorship under the Skilled Worker route in accordance with the Home Office rules if you do not currently have the legal authorization to work in the UK and are unable to obtain it independently.
Before submitting a job application, we advise you to check the UK Home Office guidelines to make sure you fit the requirements for the Skilled Worker route and that you are aware of the immigration fees you would be liable for when filing a visa application. If you need sponsorship, please let us know during the hiring process.