Working as part of a multidisciplinary team, the candidate will help with electronics hardware development for sophisticated power distribution, control, and display products across a variety of programmes. The selected applicant will use their experience and knowledge to understand product needs and create robust technical solutions that connect with business goals in order to delight the client.
Roles and responsibilities
- Apply strong engineering principles to electronics design, analysis, and verification processes while adhering to rigorous product specifications and applicable business standards and procedures.
- Collaborate with the larger team to contribute to achieving the project schedule and cost targets.
- Technical documentation in accordance with engineering policies and processes.
- Develop technological experience and skills.
- Participation in technical and customer reviews is needed.
Qualifications and requirements
- Relevant Engineering Degree (or Equivalent
- Experienced in schematic/PCB and circuit simulation tools.
- Problem-solving and solution-building skills
- Ability to clearly express basic design principles, both vocally and written.
- Willing to work with military platforms
- Collaborative team player
- Interest in electronic design for aircraft
- Knowledgeable of engineering tools including Xpedition, SIMetrix, DOORS, and Windchill.
- Some understanding of Design for Manufacture/Test (DFM/DFT) factors. Ability to communicate concerns.
GE supports and encourages flexible working arrangements whenever possible, and understands the benefits of a healthy work-life balance for workers.
At GE Aviation, we recognise the importance of Total Reward. Our flexible benefits plan, FlexChoice, allows you freedom, choice, and flexibility in how you receive your benefits while also allowing you to save money where possible.
As a new GE employee, we are glad to be able to offer you the following as default in your benefit fund, which you can then adjust to meet your unique needs;
- Non-contributory Pension.
- Life Assurance
- Income protection for the entire group
- Private medical coverage.
- Holiday Hourly equivalent of 26 days, with the flexibility to buy or sell.
Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) clearance is necessary and must be maintained for this position. Please keep in mind that if you are unable to receive BPSS clearance, you may be ineligible for the position, and any offer of employment may be rescinded for national security reasons. Please visit the link below for further information on the requirements for BPSS clearance. BPSS
Right to Work.
Applicants from job seekers requiring sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be reviewed alongside all other applicants. However, under the applicable UK immigration rules, candidates who do not currently have the right to work in the UK may be denied an appointment if a suitably qualified, experienced, and skilled candidate who does not require sponsorship is available to fill the position. For more information, please visit the UK Visas and Immigration page.
Relocation assistance provided: Yes.