Business Unit: Nestlé Coffee
Job Title : Maintenance Engineer
Location : Tutbury Factory
Pay: £45,000 to £50,000
Work Schedule: 5 Days, 37.5 Hours Per Week
A Maintenance Engineer is needed to join our team at our Nestlé Beverage, Tutbury Factory. This is an exciting opportunity.
This position is in charge of making sure that maintenance is managed effectively in order to meet the site’s goal of eliminating unplanned stops, maximizing maintenance costs, and increasing asset intensity.
With around £500 million in investments over the past few years, Staffordshire’s Nestlé Tutbury Plant is one of the largest Nestlé manufacturers in Europe. The facility, which manufactures freeze-dried, spray-dried, and pod coffee technologies, serves as a global center of excellence for Nescafé products and is a leader in coffee innovation.
A typical day for a maintenance engineer…
You will assist in the management of both the Spray Dried and Freeze-Dried manufacturing departments while reporting to the Manufacturing Engineering Manager.
The main focus of the role will be:
● Ensuring adherence to the Nestlé quality policy, particularly in regard to line release and engineering change management.
● Drive plant dependability while achieving fixed cost reductions through efficient coordination and coaching.
● Coordination and execution of the maintenance strategy for the department.
● Analysis of breakdowns, ownership of follow-up measures, and rollout with a focus on the core cause.
● implementing a solid competency build plan to support the capability build across the department.
● Compliance with all GMP requirements for equipment, tools, and the environment.
● Encourage and push your coworkers to uphold all corporate standards.
What will make you seccessful?
● Ideally Even if you may be multi-skilled, you may have an electrical or mechanical bias. Time spent in an apprenticeship leading to at least NVQ level 3/City & Guilds certification.
● possess prior knowledge of coffee roasting and grinding technology. (Desirable)
● Have a can-do attitude and a hands-on, practical approach to your work.
● Can contribute to a team that delivers compliance in terms of safety and quality.
● Ability to persuade through effective interpersonal skills.
● Possess exceptional problem-solving and time-management abilities.
● Natural leadership, challenger, and capacity builder.
● Ability to work independently and communicate at all levels.
● Workload management and prioritization in a hectic workplace.
● Understanding TPM is essential.
What You Need To Know
What can we give in exchange? Excellent perks like the competitive salary and benefits package, bonus program, flexible work schedule, 25 days of vacation time + bank holidays plus flex leave, pension plan, and a genuine focus on personal development and progress are what you would expect from a company of Nestlé’s scale.
The application deadline for this position is March 23rd.
Please don’t wait to submit your application; we will be reviewing applications as they come in and may occasionally end job postings early if we have enough applicants.
Respect for our workers, customers, and consumers is at the heart of Nestlé’s core principles. Because of this, we place a high value on promoting diversity and inclusion. When we value diverse viewpoints and give everyone the chance to shine, we can think in fresh, original ways that advance and improve our company. As we believe that everyone deserves the same opportunities, we may gather pertinent information for monitoring purposes during the candidate registration process. Everyone else is taken, so be yourself!
Right to work in the UK
Successful candidates will be expected to provide proof of their permission to work in the UK prior to beginning employment, in accordance with Home Office guidance. So, during the hiring process, the chosen candidate must be able to show that they have the legal right to work in the UK. According to our evaluation, this position may qualify for sponsorship through the skilled worker route. We may be able to offer sponsorship under the Skilled Worker route in accordance with the Home Office rules if you do not currently have the legal authorization to work in the UK and are unable to obtain it independently.
Before submitting a job application, we advise you to check the UK Home Office guidelines to make sure you fit the requirements for the Skilled Worker route and that you are aware of the immigration fees you would be liable for when filing a visa application. If you need sponsorship, please let us know throughout the application process.