Seasonal Hospitality & Catering Assistant
Council for Field Studies Millport
Pro-rata maximum of up to £21,625 year plus benefits
30 hours a week exclusively during the core season, which typically runs from March to October.
Enjoy your workplace!
The Field Studies Council makes a commitment to getting people outside, offering top-notch education, and promoting overall wellbeing. We’re all about developing outdoor learning opportunities and experiences that motivate people to be enquiring, informed, passionate, and environmentally conscious.
Our network of learning locations, which was founded in 1943, offers day and residential courses for students of all ages, from preschoolers to retired adults, from schools and communities across the UK. We also reach a large audience through our publications and community-based initiatives.
What you’ll be doing
Your responsibilities as one of our seasonal hospitality and catering assistants will be varied and will involve helping in the kitchen as we prepare food for our guests. Together with performing duties like cleaning and laundry to assist with the service and housekeeping operations.
You will take pride in your work, always uphold the highest standards of hygiene, and contribute to a warm and welcoming environment.
Our main season typically lasts from March through October each year. Seasonal positions give you the chance to work in our exceptional education centers during the main working season while giving you the freedom to pursue other interests and activities throughout the winter, safe in the knowledge that you will have a job to return to.
For further information on the whole duties of the post, please refer to the vacancy pack.
where you will be based
On Scotland’s Island of Cumbrae, the Field Studies Council Millport center is located. Modern, purpose-built conference facilities, twin bedrooms with private bathrooms and views of the ocean, as well as seven teaching spaces made up of classrooms and laboratories, are all included.
We welcome students of various ages and educational backgrounds, including those from preschools, elementary, middle, and high schools, as well as universities, adult learners, and research placements.
Who we are looking for
● A strong work ethic that emphasizes aptitude and attitude
● A genuine sense of pride in your work
● A flexible and adaptable mindset capable of working alone and as a team player while also using your own initiative
● Professionalism in all you do
● Empathy with the Field Studies Council’s goals and objectives
● A proactive, devoted attitude toward one’s own development; a desire to pick up new abilities and face new obstacles
Is this the right position for you? Join the team by coming! We anticipate receiving your application.
● Pro-rata holidays of 28 days, including bank holidays, and an additional 2 loyalty days based on years of service.
● Sick Leave
● 24-hour Helpline for Counseling
● Death Insurance
● Cash Plan for Health
● Instruction and Development
● Willing to discuss flexible working!
● employee discounts
● Accommodations during the season may be available for a fee.
Call Elke Scheibler at 01475 531420 if you have any questions about this position.
The deadline for receiving your fully completed application is 12 p.m. on March 31, 2023.
On a day to be decided, interviews will be held at Field Studies Council Millport.
Those who have been shortlisted will be contacted by phone and/or email.