Red Kite specialises in AAA PC and console game development and has a solid track record of creating cutting-edge games across multiple genres.
Red Kite, based in the beautiful Grade-II listed Park Row House in Leeds city centre, continues to create high-quality games for a number of world-class publishing partners, including Sony, Microsoft, Activision, 2K, SEGA, Warner Bros., Epic, 505, Rare, Rocksteady, Codemasters, Sharkmob, Mediatonic, and Remedy.
Exoborne, Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League, Hogwarts Legacy, Fall Guys, Mafia: Definitive Edition, Mafia III: Definitive Edition, Control Ultimate Edition, Two Point Hospital, Knockout City, Battletoads, Crackdown 3, Payday 2, Team Sonic Racing, DiRT 4, and God of War III: Remastered are among the many titles available.
It’s an exciting time to join Red Kite; we’re not just working on a number of high-profile games, but we’re also developing our own intellectual property. We can tell you the following about ourselves:
• Collaborated with Sharkmob on the upcoming tactical open-world evacuation shooter Exoborne.
• Continuing to assist Warner Bros. on numerous titles.
• Working with Mediatonic on the smash hit Fall Guys.
• Working on two high-profile AAA first person shooters in UE5.
• Creating Red Kite’s first original game.
One of the most interesting elements of working at Red Kite is the diversity of projects that exist within the firm, and we are continuously pushing the boundaries of the gameplay that we create and the technology that we design.
As a Programmer at Red Kite Games, you will collaborate with the programming team to meet the client’s requirements in a high-quality and timely manner. You’ll also collaborate with production to plan and estimate tasks. You will be in charge of implementing features, addressing bugs, and conducting code reviews.
To succeed, you will need:
Good C++ skills.
A working knowledge of Unity and C#
A desire to solve issues.
A passion for gaming and game technologies.
Ability to operate effectively in a team
Red Kite is located in central Leeds, a major UK city connected to London by rapid train and the M1 highway, as well as to the rest of the globe via Leeds Bradford Airport. It has some of the best restaurants, bars, and museums in the North of England, as well as easy access to stunning countryside (the Yorkshire Moors and Bronte Country), mediaeval York, and the Yorkshire East coast.
We provide an excellent flexible benefits package, which includes but is not limited to:
• Flexitime, which includes working from home on Fridays and finishing early on Fridays.
• Industry-leading 35 hours each week.
• Defined Annual Bonus Scheme
• Generous holiday allowance, including your birthday, Duvet Day, and Christmas Eve.
• Five Learning and Development Days every year.
• Employee Assistance Programme – Provides health, mental health, and wellbeing help.
• Increased maternity, paternity, and adoption compensation
• Life assurance, income protection, critical illness coverage, and dental insurance.
• Relocation Assistance and Visa Sponsorship
Nurturing Red Kite’s studio culture is at the centre of everything we do, as evidenced by the following awards:
• GI.biz: Best Places to Work.
• Best Companies: A world-class, three-star workplace.
• TIGA STAR Award for Excellence.
Red Kite is a social studio; the team routinely gathers for socials, game nights, film evenings, sports, and other activities, making it an excellent environment to establish a career while making new friends…and don’t forget Red Kite’s famed Summer BBQ and enormous Christmas party!
Red Kite’s studio is relaxed and welcoming. Every team member has the opportunity to shine, and we take pride in creating a positive social climate through shared interest groups, diverse clubs, and charity fundraising events. Red Kite proudly supports the gaming charity SpecialEffect.
Red Kite collaborates closely with our employee diversity group, PRISM, which seeks to promote diversity, inclusion, equity, equality, and well-being throughout the studio. We continue to work to increase diversity in our recruitment and promotion procedures, and we actively encourage persons from underrepresented groups to pursue careers in the games business.
Come join the team, establish a satisfying career, and contribute to the creation of outstanding games among a wonderful group of brilliant individuals!