Dovetail Gaming is pleased to be an employer who values diversity. In order to find the best candidates from a varied talent pool, we encourage applications from all individuals regardless of gender, sexual orientation, handicap, physical appearance, body size, age, color, or religion (or lack thereof). We are dedicated to fostering diversity, so regardless of any protected characteristics, all applicants will be evaluated on their merit, credentials, competence, and talent. All positions will be taken into consideration for part-time, term-time only, and job sharing at the individual’s desire.
Our employees may work from either our headquarters or their homes (“where they do their best job”; UK-based only; VISA sponsorship available on qualifying roles). For important meetings and events, though, it will occasionally be necessary to travel to the HQ office. From Germany or Spain, this job would be regarded as distant.
At Dovetail Games, we are committed to giving our employees the freedom they need to create stunning worlds, breath-taking games, and the best work of their careers in order to realize our mission of “By Enthusiasts, For Enthusiasts”.
Our studio is located in a riverfront structure in the center of Chatham’s Historic Dockyard in Kent, the United Kingdom. Our company is expanding quickly, using cutting-edge technology to create our games, and distributing them across several platforms: Computer, PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Xbox One, and Series S/X
We are seeking a Generalist Senior Software Engineer to work on the titles and game features for Railway Sim World.
You must be eager to participate in the creation of gaming mechanics and game features.
This job opportunity is entirely remote.
● Create, implement, and test different platform-compatible game features for Train Sim World.
● Active involvement to deliver useful gaming system solutions.
● aids in game debugging and performance optimization
● help with task scheduling, work estimating, and planning.
● younger team members with coding and the creation of gameplay mechanisms.
● outstanding problem-solving and critical thinking.
● excellent C++
● knowledge of one or more engineering fields, such as networking, physics, gaming, user interfaces, build systems, and rendering.
● knowledge of memory optimization, or both.
● knowledge of Unreal.
● delivering video games, preferably AAA titles.
● 3+ years of experience in game development.
About Dovetail Games
● Your actions will directly and significantly affect how our games develop in the future.
● You’ll encounter a setting where you’ll be supported while also being challenged.
● We have the best work-life balance in the business.
● Possibility of working remotely from the UK.
● Sponsorship for VISAs is provided for eligible roles.
● The Explorer insurance enables you to travel for up to 4 weeks per year without using any paid time off.
● Adding six days to the allowance is the Half Day Pay Day holiday.
● My Rewards’ benefit package now includes GP Anytime, eyecare, and a health cash plan.
● bike to work and use technology.
● the Tusker Green Vehicle Benefits Program.
● Membership at Gymflex.
● On your birthday, an Amazon gift card.
● branded goods and giveaways.
● access to paid health screenings and fitness events.
● regular social and athletic events, as well as fundraising for charities.