Support with relocation and visa sponsorship are offered!
Joining The Home for Little Wanderers means joining a group of experts committed to giving children better, brighter lives.
The Home for Little Wanderers has been assisting vulnerable children and their families in creating stable lives and bright futures for more than 200 years. Numerous at-risk youths, aged one to 26, benefit from our more than twenty-five community-based and residential programmes. A large number of these kids have gone through trauma, abuse, neglect, or a broken home. We offer kids safe environments, enduring loving connections, and a sure road towards a better, brighter future as the nation’s oldest child welfare organisation.
The Waltham House, the Home for Little Wanderers in Waltham, Massachusetts, is seeking an Overnight Residential Supervisor. One of only three residential group homes in the US, Waltham House is the first one created especially for LGBTQIA adolescents in New England. Its guiding ideas are that every kid should be able to live in a setting where they are treated with respect, feel safe, supported, and cared for by others.
For up to twelve gay, lesbian, bisexual, and/or transgender youth (ages 14–18), the group home offers a secure and nurturing living environment with round-the-clock assistance. Many of the young people at Waltham House have struggled because of their gender expression or sexual orientation, whether at home or while they were in placement. Their time at Waltham House helps them get ready for the next step in their plan, which could be moving in with their families again, finding a foster home, or becoming ready to live on their own.
How You’re Going to Change Things
- Assist the Milieu/Program Director in close collaboration to guarantee proper staffing coverage. Employ, develop, oversee, monitor performance, and assess direct care employees. Arbitrate disputes between employees and staff. Organise staff meetings, train them, and give them weekly supervision.
- Prepare and timetable therapeutic groups that imaginatively organise social activities and special occasions while promoting children’s growth and development.
- Oversee and plan the completion of all daily shift tasks, such as medical visits, leisure pursuits, home and workplace transportation, homework, behaviour support system, and room and chore fulfilment.
- Provide, model, and oversee behaviour support and intervention for both groups and individuals in accordance with TCI principles. This includes, where needed, the appropriate use of physical restraints.
- Make sure that the required shift documentation is completed, such as the mentor sheets, daily log, communication log, incident reporting, and behaviour support monitoring.
- Handle emergency and medical circumstances.
- Make sure that staff members are informed about any activities that may have surfaced during a previous shift and supervise the timely submission of records and paperwork.
- equivalent to two years in a residential facility with a comparable child population, two years in college, or both
- MAP Accredited
- Preferably, prior supervisory experience
- computer savvy, capable at picking up new software programmes, and familiar with Microsoft Office and Internet Explorer
We are dedicated to achieving excellence in fairness, inclusiveness, and diversity while also fostering a culture that upholds these principles. We think that the diversity we bring to the table improves our capacity to serve and care for a wide range of children, families, and communities. Furthermore, our values and our aim to support vulnerable children and their families in establishing long-lasting, positive change are aligned with diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging.
What The Home Can Offer
The Home for Little Wanderers not only provides an opportunity to positively touch the lives of numerous young people, but it also offers competitive pay and an extensive benefits package that includes:
- Comprehensive training for new hires
- ample time off
- reimbursement of tuition
- Upon hiring, dental and health insurance is accessible.
- Pension Plan 403(b) with Employer Match
- Insurance for both short-term and long-term disabilities
- Life Protection
- Plus extra!
Equitable Prospective Employer/Veterans in Protection/People with Disabilities
If an employee or applicant asks about, discusses, or discloses their own compensation or the pay of another employee or applicant, the contractor will not fire them or treat them unfairly in any other way. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. (c) 41 CFR 60-1.35