Each and every student at our university is a part of the Team Teesside community, which is inspirational, encouraging, and compassionate.
What we provide:
- A 185-hour (25-day) holiday entitlement, which increases to 28 and 30 days after three and five years of service, respectively, plus bank holidays. Your annual leave entitlement will build up proportionately for each full day of service throughout the leave year in which your employment begins or ends.
Your annual leave entitlement will be determined pro rata if you work fewer than 37 hours per week.
- Extra time off for Christmas and New Year’s during the holiday closure
- A variety of scenarios can be supported through special leave.
Flexibility in scheduling – A range of resources to support personnel in their personal growth and recognition
- Many family-friendly advantages
- A platform for employee perks that offers savings at more than 350 retailers and access to services for health and wellbeing
1 × Part-Time Permanent Post (22.2 Hours)
1 x part-time (21 hours) Fixed Term till April 10, 2023
Teesside University is an ambitious and enterprising university for a focused and pragmatic global new generation. focused on improving people’s lives, the prosperity of enterprises, and the state of the economy
To support our students who have a variety of complicated support needs, we are looking for self-driven people with experience working as one-on-one advisors.
Making decisions in high-risk or complex cases, responding to student support inquiries, suggesting reasonable accommodations for disabled students, managing crisis situations related to mental health and welfare, scheduling appropriate support for students, coordinating appointments for student support related to mental health and disability, coordinating with agencies like the NHS and Cleveland Police, and contributing to service are all examples of responsibilities.
The applicants must hold a degree or have equivalent training and experience, be members of a recognized professional organization, and have previous experience managing a caseload and working with multiple agencies. The ability to work both independently and as part of a team is essential, as are strong planning and organizational skills. Additionally, excellent communication and interpersonal skills are crucial.
The post we are filling is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act’s requirements, and as part of our clearance procedures, a satisfactory DBS disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service is necessary.
Important Notice for Holders of Student Visas:
You are not qualified to apply for this position since the weekly hours are 21 hours & 22.2 hours and you are limited to working 20 hours per week during term time under the rules of your visa.
Please Note that this position WILL qualify for university sponsorship through the skilled worker visa route due to the minimal salary requirements imposed by the UKVI.