Sharkmob was launched in 2017, with headquarters in Malmö, Sweden, and London, United Kingdom. The firm creates AAA-quality games for PC and consoles, leveraging the Unreal Engine to achieve its goal of pushing multiplayer games to new heights.
We are currently working on two important projects. Exoborne, a Sharkmob original game developed in Malmö, is a tactical, open-world extraction shooter set in a United States ravaged by natural disasters. The second project, developed in London, is another Sharkmob original intellectual property that has yet to be announced. Our first game, Bloodhunt, a combat royale rooted in the Vampire: The Masquerade universe, debuted on April 27, 2022.
Sharkmob is committed to developing an inclusive team with varied experiences, viewpoints, and skill sets, since we believe it helps us create amazing games. We welcome all candidates who embrace our basic values of shared ownership, making informed decisions, and, most importantly, having fun! We hope you will join us on this voyage and become a member of our crew. There are additional benefits to being a crew member. To learn more about Sharkmob and our projects, please visit our homepage.
We are looking for a highly qualified and driven Design Manager to lead our strong and expanding design team on an ambitious unannounced game. As Design Manager, you will lead and mentor our design team to new heights of creativity and provide industry-leading player experiences. Reporting to the Development Director, the ideal applicant will have a genuine interest in both team dynamics and the discipline of design.
- Establish and maintain high standards for design excellence, inspiring the team to continually succeed at their art.
- Recruit, organise, and retain a high-performing design team, assuring a varied and skilled set of professionals, while also cultivating a positive and collaborative team culture that fosters a feeling of unity and purpose.
- Mentor team members through difficult design challenges, offering advice and assistance.
- Act as a passionate advocate for the design team, encouraging and promoting their work throughout the firm.
- Provide career development chances for team members to ensure their professional advancement.
- Drive ideas, design, documentation, and iteration, establishing a standard of excellence among the team.
- Provide helpful feedback to improve the quality of the design result.
- Collaborate with Production to create and implement a design plan that aligns with the overall project objectives.
- Passion for developing and playing games, particularly MMO and RPGs.
- Proven track record of leading, coaching, and managing other designers in a leadership capacity.
- Advanced expertise in a creative craft, which allows for effective communication and inspiration.
- Exceptional leadership and communication abilities required to enthusiastically and clearly communicate the design vision.
- Extensive experience leading and mentoring design teams at all levels of development.
- Experience designing and delivering rich gaming systems.
- Ability to make informed design decisions while keeping project limits in mind.
Remuneration and benefits
- Salaries are competitive, based on current external benchmarking data, and evaluated annually.
- This includes 30 days of annual leave and all UK bank holidays.
- A hybrid work-from-home policy.
- A discretionary annual performance incentive of up to 12%.
- Sharkmob matches up to 5% of individual contributions towards a private pension (10% total).
- BUPA Private Healthcare, Cigna Dental Coverage, Life Insurance Scheme, and Income Protection Policy.
- A £425 annual preventative healthcare allowance.
- Core studio hours are 10:00-16:00, with one “wellness hour” to be used each week.
- The studio provides daily meals, lunches, and refreshments.
- VISA sponsorship (person and dependents).
- Relocation help for persons living outside the UK (1 month’s lodging, flights/travel paid for, and £2,500 in logistics/removal costs repaid).
- Assistance for UK residents relocating to London (up to £2,000 for flat viewings and moving vans/couriers).