Health Care Worker Visa Sponsorship Opportunities in the Uk

December 19, 2023
£11.5 - £12.6 / hour

Apply for this job

Email *

Job Description



Healthcare workers are in high demand in the ever-changing face of the UK job market. The United Kingdom is dedicated to increasing the number of trained Health and Care Workers in its workforce. This essay delves into the alluring prospects of UK Visa Sponsorship Jobs designed specifically for healthcare professionals.


The following detailed guide will explain the complexities of obtaining a Health and Care Worker Visa for the United Kingdom. This article serves as your compass in navigating a road to a successful healthcare career in the United Kingdom, from qualifying criteria to the visa application process and an in-depth review of the large array of acceptable occupations.




Health and Care Worker Visa Eligible Professions:


Physiotherapists (2221)

A bachelor’s or master’s degree in physiotherapy and registration with the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC) are required for admission.


Occupational Therapists (2222)

A degree in occupational therapy and registration with the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC) are required for admission.


Speech and Language Therapists (2223).

A recognised degree in speech and language therapy and registration with the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC) are required for admission.



Therapy Professionals Who Are ‘Not Elsewhere Classified,’ Such as osteopaths and psychotherapists.(2229)

Entry requirements vary by occupation. Osteopaths are normally required to have a degree in osteopathy as well as registration. A appropriate degree and accreditation from a recognised authority may be required for psychotherapists.


Nurses (2231)

Nursing qualifications vary, although the majority of nurses have a nursing degree (e.g., Bachelor of Nursing) and must be registered with the Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC).


Midwives (2232)

Midwives must have a degree in midwifery and be registered with the Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC) to practise.


Social Workers (2442)

Entry Requirements: A bachelor’s or master’s degree in social work is frequently required, and registration with the applicable social work regulatory authority is required.


Laboratory Technicians (3111)

Entry Requirements: GCSEs/S grades or A-levels/HND in related topics may be required. Some laboratory technicians continue their education while working.


Paramedics (3213).

Paramedics often need a relevant degree in paramedicine or a related subject to enter the job. It is necessary to register with the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC).


Dispensing Opticians (3216)

Dispensing opticians normally require a Level 6 qualification in optometry as well as registration with the General Optical Council (GOC).


Pharmaceutical Technicians (3217).

Entry requirements vary, but suitable qualifications and certification with the General Pharmaceutical Council (GPhC) are frequently required.



Medical and Dental Technicians (3218)

Entry requirements vary based on the role, but requisite qualifications and often registration with the relevant professional body are required.



Health Associate Professionals Not Classified Elsewhere.(3219)

Entry criteria: Within this category, entry criteria differ by profession. Qualifications and registrations are required based on the relevant function.


Nursing Auxiliaries and Assistants (6141)

Entry Requirements: GCSEs/S grades or occupational certificates are commonly accepted. On-the-job training as well as completion of applicable healthcare courses may be required.


Dental Nurses (6143)

Dental nurses frequently need a dental nursing qualification, which can be obtained through on-the-job training or certified courses.



Home Carers and Care Workers(6145)

Entry Requirements: While entry with minimal formal qualifications is usually attainable, suitable training and experience in the care industry are preferred.


Senior Care Workers (6146)

Entry Requirements: Senior care professionals frequently need carework experience and may need supervisory or management skills.


Dental Practitioners (2215)

Dental practitioners, including dentists and dental surgeons, normally need a dental degree, such as a Bachelor of Dental Surgery (BDS) or equivalent. In order to practise legally in the UK, they must also be registered with the General Dental Council (GDC).


Organisations Authorised to Sponsor Workers:




Please click on the following link to see the Register of Licenced Sponsors for Workers: Register of Licenced Sponsors for Workers.





Tier 2 Sponsors in the Health and Care Sectors in the United Kingdom:

Please visit the official Tier Sponsors page by clicking here for a full list of Tier 2 employers in the healthcare sector organised by location and industry sector.

You can also contact these companies directly to inquire about any existing or open positions and to see if they are willing to sponsor your job needs.



How to Get Ireland Work visa

Overseas Health Professionals Visa Sponsorship Uk

How to Apply Health and Care Worker Visa

Uk Dentist Jobs for Foreigners with Visa Sponsorship