This is an exciting time to join GamCare; we are now seeking for the position of Online Support Team Leader as we expand and develop our online support services. This is an excellent opportunity for someone with expertise providing support services, as well as a competent communicator who enjoys working with and leading a team of individuals. As the Online assistance Team Leader, you will manage and lead the implementation and growth of GamCare’s Online Support Services (which currently include online appointments, email assistance, chatrooms and forums, and a self-guided online support programme).
This position is subject to a DBS check.
- Manage the daily operational operations of the Online Support Services, ensuring services provide the best possible support to users and achieve agreed-upon KPIs.
- Line management of Online Support Practitioners includes arranging individual supervisions, team meetings, and managing the team’s rota, which includes leave and cover requirements.
- Advocate for and promote the Online Services both within and internationally, raising knowledge of the services provided and making them as accessible as possible.
- Providing regular reporting and evaluation of GamCare’s online services.
- Identify and contribute to the development of current and new online services.
The Ideal Candidate
As the successful candidate, you will head a remote team of Online Support Practitioners. You must have demonstrated expertise providing support services and supervising a team, as well as a strong desire to help others, particularly those who have suffered from gambling-related suffering. You will have great communication skills, a nonjudgmental attitude, and the ability to establish strong working connections with a wide range of stakeholders.
Online Support Team Leader
Contract: permanent, full-time
Salary: £33,497 (£36,444 for individuals residing in London and adjacent counties).
Location: Home work, with occasional attendance at the London office (quarterly).
Applications close on March 4, 2024.
Interviews will be place online via video conference on March 14, 2024.
- 33 days of basic annual leave entitlement per year (pro-rated for part-time staff), including bank holidays, which grows with service.
- A generous pension scheme—we contribute 6% and you contribute 2%.
- Discretionary business sick pay from the first day of service.
- Employee Assistance Programme – 24-Hour Support
About the company.
GamCare, established in 1997, is the main supplier of information, guidance, and support to anybody affected by gambling risks. We run the National Gambling Helpline, offer therapy to anybody who has been damaged by gambling, raise awareness about safer gambling and treatment, and promote an effective approach to safer gambling within the gambling industry.
GamCare is devoted to providing the greatest possible support to persons affected by gaming harms, hence we welcome applications from candidates with lived experience.
Gamcare is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or physical ability. We can only sponsor visas in very limited circumstances, so candidates from outside the UK or without the permission to work in the UK should not apply.
For further information on the post, or if you require any reasonable accommodations throughout the application or recruitment process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org, and the staff will be pleased to assist.